Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Wire


I'm currently making my way through all five seasons of The Wire on Netflix. I absolutely love it.... which is why I was pretty jealous when I found out Harvard will have a class based on incredible series. As reported by the New York Post,

The class will be taught by sociology professor William J. Wilson, one of the best-known African American history professors in the country, who has made no secret of the fact that he is a huge fan of the show.
"I do not hesitate to say that it has done more to enhance our understanding of the challenges of urban life and the problems of urban inequality, more than any other media event or scholarly publication," Wilson told the audience before poking fun at himself, "including studies by social scientitsts."
[photo via HBO]