Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ad Campaigns Part 2

Part 2 of a series of ad campaigns I hold near and dear to my heart.... the Clorox television ads.. 1st edition- "Mermaid" and 2nd edition "Pirates." Usually, I stop what I'm doing to turn to the television to watch either of these spots, regardless of how many times I've seen them. Maybe it's the fact that when I was 8 years old, I had these same kinds of fantasies.

Or perhaps it is the songs in each of them that initially ignited my devotion. (Francois-Paul Aiche & H. Scott Salinas - "Mermaid" and "Pirates" respectively - Yes, they are on iTunes and yes, I did go through a phase where I would listen to these two songs on repeat as I did housework)

I do want to note the (personal) connection to music that is evident in both of these first two campaigns (see Part 1- Liberty Mutual). Although music isn't always a component of a campaign I like, it usually does play a significant role in campaigns I find memorable in the long term. Furthermore, I've noticed that in my case this concept can be applied to movies and their corresponding soundtracks. Sigh, the power of music. Cheers.