Via Agency Spy... Tune in tomorrow for #5-1.
10. The Jerry Seinfeld/ Bill Gates combo makes our top ten list not for the reason you may think (too long, too byzantine in purpose), but because Microsoft and Crispin pulled the ads before anyone could get the punch line. The cost of the series was beyond expensive and you yanked it? Because some bloggers and consumers were confused? Weak. Weak. Weak. You guys had a plan. You should have stuck to it.
9. This Saatchi and Saatchi ad for JC Penney makes me want to shut my laptop in despair. The whole Breakfast Club thing? Listen, let me point out just a few of the ways in which this ad sucks:
8. You've got three of the biggest names in sports: Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Thierry Henry. You've also got a well established brand in the men's grooming category: Gillette. Think of the possibilities! So, what's with the corny music and cringe worthy creative? The bile full of creative? This thing plays like a second rate colleges ad on cable access. Blah.
7. From KP+B comes these Mohegan Sun spots that make almost everyone I want to know never, ever, ever gamble in their casinos. When we first mentioned the ads, one commenter wrote: "These could destroy the world." No, but we're pretty sure that if we ever travel to Connecticut for some gambling, we'll be going to Foxwoods.
6. Guitar Hero is such an awesome game, so what was with their truly awful celebrity filled spot directed by Brett Ratner? Oh yeah. Brett Ratner. Again, we see three big name celebrities wasted on cheesy creative. DDB is responsible for this hot mess. I don't even like Tom Cruise, but the way they bastardized his film Risky Business is just down right deplorable.