Friday, October 17, 2008

Two of my favorite columnists....

Molly and I have decided not to discuss our political views/affiliations on this blog. But, I couldn't help myself from recommending two of my favorite political columnists.... they don't necessarily represent my personal political views but they do make for some interesting political reading this weekend. Only 18 more days until the election......

Maureen Dowd

writes for The New York Times Op-Ed page. She won the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for distinguished commentary and I subscribe to her column through my GoogleReader. You can find her columns here....
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/maureendowd/index.html


Matt Taibbi
is an American journalist and political writer. He writes for Rolling Stone magazine on a column entitled "Road Rage" as well as an online-only column called "The Low Post." Additionally he's published numerous books. I recently finished "Smells Like Dead Elephants..." I find him incredibly entertaining despite his "hold nothing back" political analysis. Although I don't always agree with what he says, his writing is strong and he always offers a noteworthy political point of view.

Click here for a listing of Matt Taibbi's essays

Below are some of his books......
The Great Derangement: A Terrifying True Story of War, Politics, and Religion at the Twilight of the American Empire
Smells Like Dead Elephants: Dispatches from a Rotting Empire