Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wilco - 6/22 at the Wiltern in LA

Last night I went to the Wiltern (awesome venue) for the first of three sold out shows to see one of my all time favorite bands... Wilco. It was an incredible feeling seeing them for the second time in ten days... the first being at Bonnaroo in Tennessee. My personal highlights included "You Are My Face," "Jesus, etc." and "Box Full of Letters." Although I think it's going to be hard to top Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, the Chicago based band will release their 7th album Wilco (The Album) on June 30th... next Tuesday!!

Overall, an awesome concert.....Last night's setlist:

01 "Wilco (the song)"
02 "Muzzle Of Bees"
03 "A Shot In The Arm"
04 "At Least That's What You Said"
05 "Bull Black Nova"
06 "You Are My Face"
07 "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart"
08 "One Wing"
09 "In A Future Age"
10 "Impossible Germany"
11 "Shouldn't Be Ashamed"
12 "Sonny Feeling"
13 "Jesus, Etc."
14 "Handshake Drugs"
15 "You Never Know"
16 "Hate It Here"
17 "Walken"
18 "I'm The Man Who Loves You"
----
19 "The Late Greats"
20 "Box Full of Letters"
21 "Misunderstood" (40 nothings)
22 "Spiders (Kidsmoke)"
23 "Hummingbird"
----
24 "Happy Birthday to You" (dedicated to "Lady," who runs their lights)
25 "Red Eyed & Blue"
26 "I Got You (At the End of the Century)"
27 "Monday"
28 "Hoodoo Voodoo"