Friday, September 26, 2008

La Musique du Jour

Coconut Records is a solo project by Jason Schwartzman (based in LA). Jason left the band Phantom Planet back in 2003. Phantom Planet is behind "California", the way overplayed song from The O.C.. I love his song, "Nighttiming". Give it a listen or two.

The Gaslight Anthem's "The '59 Sound" sounds like a mix of Bruce Springsteen and Blink 182. They're based out of New Jersey and are relatively unheard of in the U.S. They are HUGE in the U.K. Check them out, I know you'll like them. Their music video is below.


Summer is officially over, but the Santa Ana Winds should be rolling in to So Cal soon. It becomes our second summer, hot dry winds, perfect to relax in outside. This song kind of reminds me of that weather (and my friend threatened to stop reading my blog unless I posted this song).
Don Henley - "Boys of Summer"