Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek

Who didn't see Star Trek this weekend? Not many of you I presume.

I was among one of the $72.5 million contributors to the highly anticipated movie this weekend. I'm a closet science fiction fan. More so, I've fallen in love with everything JJ Abrams has created beginning with Felicity. Did anyone catch Felicity's roommate Meghan (Amanda Foreman) playing Hannity? I did. So, because I trust JJ Abrams for all my entertainment picks, I was delighted to check out Star Trek on Saturday.

The movie earned mass amounts of positive reviews, even earning a 96% positive review on Rotten Tomatoes. Most of us were never fans of the TV show growing up, yet many of us still took the dive, spending $12 - $15 on a movie ticket. How great did Zacharay Quinto play the role of Spock? Chris Pine playing Kirk was as surly as Steve McQueen. Fun fact: Zachary Quinto, who plays Spock, had quite a difficult time making the hand gesture. According to The Mail in the UK, they had to glue the actors fingers together. Quinto told the AP, “It’s much harder than it looks. Seriously.”

If you haven’t gotten a chance to watch Star Trek yet, I would highly suggest you watch it as soon as you can.